Bow Thrusters Repair And Maintenance
Bow Thrusters are propeller types that are smaller in size than propellers. Bow Thrusters are placed in tunnels on the bow and stern below the waterline and are divided into two categories, electric and hydraulic. The number of Bow Thrusters on a ship depends on its size. The use of Bow Thrusters is limited to helping the ship to operate and maneuvering at low speeds, for example maneuvering coastal waters or while entering or leaving a port. Bow Thrusters also help tugboats in the fastest dock.
Advantages of Bow Thrusters:
- Better handling at low speeds.
- Greater security in a harbor with bad weather conditions.
- Helping to navigate in bad weather.
- Save money because of fast porting.
Disadvantages of Bow Thrusters:
- Large placement costs.
- Expensive repair and maintenance.
- A very large engine is required, which requires a lot of power and space.
REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co. cares out underwater maintenance of Bow Thruster and repair. A routine underwater inspection of Bow Thruster by PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co. and its experienced divers includes the following steps:
- Check the Bow Thrusters compartment for moisture and water leaks, causing rust.
- Engine and engine part inspection for corrosion.
- Cleaning the power supply unit.
- Bow Thruster shaft test for cracks.
- Cleaning inside the tunnels, propeller from marine organisms-growth or human activity waste.
- Propeller control for cracks or knocks or cavitation.
- Propeller Inspection for loosening and leaking oil on its shaft.
Our company guarantees the quality of the outcome of its work. Since 1992, is active in the field of underwater services, providing high quality underwater services. Warranty is our highly trained technical staff and the last technology equipment available. PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co has headquarters in Greece (Piraeus, Chios, Thessaloniki, Crete, Corinth, Nea Karvali, Patra, Volos, Kali Limenes), Togo (Lome), Turkey (Istanbul, Canakkale, Iskenderun), Cyprus (Limassol, Larnaca), Ivory Coast (Abidjan), United Arab Emirates (Dubai), Brazil (Santos), Spain (Palma de Mallorca, Canary Islands, Valencia), Egypt (Suez, Alexandria), Mexico (Veracruz) and bases at New Zealand, Samoa, Kingdom of Tonga and Republic of Fiji, while diving teams are located at regular intervals in ports around the world. The staff communicates in five different languages (Greek, English, French, Spanish, Arabic). Main phone number 24/7: (+30)2104001120, (+30)2104004470 email: email@example.com