HULL COATING INSPECTION
PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co, has at its disposal latest technology equipment including underwater hull cleaning machinery (hydraulic multi-brush systems), CCTV Video, Underwater high-resolution cameras for hull coating inspections and hull inspections. These machines combined with experienced available technical staff, enables it to provide its customers with high quality under water services and contribute decisively to the satisfaction of its customers’ needs and their fleet, saving time and capital.
The changes occurring in the environment (global warming, seas etc.) Have a negative impact on shipping. In recent years these changes have created an ever greater growth of marine organisms on ships’ hulls.
The warming of the seas has resulted in an increase of marine organisms and their rapid reproduction. These bodies attach to the ships’ hull, thereby causing reduction of the performance of antifouling paints and their rapid wear. Wear of antifouling results in the emergence of corrosion, which is particularly dangerous for the ship from both engineering and economical perspective.
UNDERWATER HULL CLEANING
The company PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co, has developed an integrated response system of the marine fouling problem that accumulates on the hull. This includes:
- Under water hull cleaning, which when done at a constant basis (2-3 times per year) ensures immediate profit, and provides:
- Reducing of fuel consumption
- Increase of speed
- The protection of antifouling
- The drydock extension
- Under water inspection for fouling control.
- The systematic hull coating inspections , allowing thus the timely measures if deemed necessary (eg. destruction, wear etc). By systematic underwater hull coating inspections avoiding damages, which can be very costly.