Training of Diving Teams
PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co , was established in the field of underwater operations (diving services), thanks to the high quality of services it offers. It has experienced teams of divers (diving team), which are certified by all Classification Societies IACS (ABS, BV, DNV.GL, NKK, RINA, LLOYD’S, KR, INSB, RS CLASS),
the INSB and LR Welder (Certificate ANSI / AWS D3.6M: 2010 – CLASS B Overhead and Vertical), while all the operations are approved by ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 from Bureau Veritas. PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co has many years of experience in Greece, Cyprus, in the West African region and 15 countries around the world. It consists of specialized groups of divers (dive team), which are very often trained and evaluated on the following issues:
- Equipment handling techniques
- Equipment maintenance , testing and storage
- Underwater ship cutting
- Underwater welding
- Underwater maintenance
- Underwater propeller polishing
- Underwater hull cleaning
- Marine paint systems technology
- The science of underwater fouling
- Correct usage of cleaning brushes
- Knowledge of ships’ underwater structure and appendages
- Knowledge of ships’ terminology in English
- Measurement of rudder and tail shaft clearances
- Operation of underwater video and still photography equipment
- Operation of specialized equipment
- Minimum Class requirements for relevant ship types
- Measurements of bearing clearances
- Recognition of corrosion damage
- Structural deformation
- Coating deterioration
- Two – way communication between diver and surface
- Ultrasonic thickness measurements
- Hull cleaning ( Brush Kart System )
The divers are continuously evaluated for their performance.
UNDERWATER HULL CLEANING ( hull Cleaning ): PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co carries out underwater hull cleaning ( hull Cleaning ) with fully advanced and constantly updated equipment and highly trained teams of divers using the latest technology brush kart systems, on the following underwater parts of the vessel:
- Flat bottom
- Vertical Sides
- Sea Chests / Grids
- Bilge Keels
The company PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co, trains its diving teams, enabling them to learn new techniques in relation to the constantly evolving equipment available and the work it provides. Our company’s diving teams PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co, are trained periodically on any change or renewal of equipment in order to always deliver a high level of quality in their work in the shortest time. The rich activity of PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co, in the underwater ship repair services, is a glowing and unique example of a rapid and healthy development in the maritime industry. PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co. meets all requirements of the Classification Societies IACS (ABS, BV, DNV.GL, NKK, RINA, LLOYD’S, KR, INSB, RS CLASS) but also for the hull marine insurance companies.
PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co has experienced and well trained diving staff in underwater repair and maintenance of vessels hulls.
- Underwater propeller polishing ( propeller polishing ): PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co carries out underwater propeller polishing ( propeller polishing ) with diamond disc pads, achieving excellent results [ Rubert “A” scale ( 1.00 Micron Ra )].
- Underwater inspection ( In water survey ) – UWILD : Our company PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co , undertakes in water class inspection of a ship ( In water survey ), having last technology equipment, which are handled by our highly trained divers, certified by all the classification societies IACS: ABS, BV, DNV.GL, KR, LR, NKK, RINA, RS CLASS and by INSB. The underwater ship inspection ( In water survey ) does not require the removal of the vessel from the water ( docking ). During the underwater inspection ( In-water class survey ) the diving teams of PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co , use surface monitors ( surface monitor system ) and two-way communication system between the diver and the surveyor ( Surveyor ) ( CCTV ) in order to achieve the best possible result.
- PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co accomplishes real time inspection CCTV ( real time video footage ), for:
- UWILD ( Underwater inspections instead of the dry – dock ) – dry dock extension
- Ships Sale / Purchase
- Evaluation of damages on behalf of insurance companies or ship owners.
- Inspection of submerged hull condition
- Underwater hull paint inspection
- Inspections of cathodic protection ( Cathodic protection inspection ): The quality of the results even in adverse sea conditions are ensured because the diving teams of PSOMAKARA Diving Services & Consulting Co , have years of experience in underwater installation and replacement of anodes.